You may have seen the government announcement that from July 6th “Community Centres” can reopen, subject to certain conditions. These conditions have more recently been lifted significantly but there is a continuing ban on indoor “soft play”, singing, performances and parties involving people from more than 2 households. This means that we await further announcements to permit many of the activities for which people wish to book the Village Hall.
Helen Wright, our Hall Manager has been contacting our regular bookers and nearly all are very keen to return as soon as possible, although some have major problems about social distancing (for example, how can you play bridge when all players are 2 Metres apart?).
HLCA is are making preparations to welcome people back as soon as possible. This includes:
- Preparing a Risk Analysis to identify actions required to control the published risks of Covid 19 spreading to users of our Village Hall
- Take actions to revise cleaning plans, order necessary equipment, install signage and communicate with Hall Bookers to make sure their risk analysis and actions conform to changing government guidelines and the preparations the HLCA is making.
- Do maintenance activities – so the wooden main hall floor has been refurbished, and is looking very good. We also plan to arrange damp proofing and have made certain electrical changes.
- Everyone who books the hall routinely takes responsibility for the activities of the people who they admit onto the premises. Our Hall Booking Conditions are being updated to take account of government regulations and advice on Covid 19. There will be changes in the way we need to act within the Hall for everybody to feel safe. However, we hope to make things as friendly and welcoming as possible. This horrible disease has changed many lives and caused much suffering. Until a vaccine or a treatment regime is developed, it will remain a major threat, particularly to the older members of our community. But, if we continue to help each other and focus on what we can do, we can all make High Legh one of the better places to live in this troubled world.
Do keep an eye on this website and What’s On where we plan to publish when groups are starting up again. We plan to open up gradually from September, depending upon what we are permitted to do within the regulations.
Do contact Helen on 07703 194052 if your group wants to do leisure activities indoors that are permitted by the Coronavirus regulations. We will give priority to returning regular hall users and to High Legh residents
High Legh Village Hall is a great venue to host Birthday Parties,
training, sporting events, music rehearsals and meetings .....
at very reasonable rates.
Our Village Hall is currently closed because of the Covid Emergency. We will update this website when we are able to resume operation
High Legh Village Hall offers Tranquility, Commercial Buzz or "Party Time"– to match your event.
"I loved inviting all my friends, a great meal and a very special entertainer"
Sports, exhibitions, meetings and demonstration events
"Well kept, flexible layout, lots of parking and comfortable chairs and tables"
Focused training or learning activities – in peaceful countryside
"A great opportunity to train and rehearse with no interruptions - great kitchen"
Antiques Fairs, Art and Craft Shows, Speciality Markets
– for Knutsford, Lymn and Warrington shoppers
"Handy to the motorways and excellent facilities for unloading, free parking"